Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November - Part 1


Hello all, I thought I would go with a nice fallish color this time...hope everyone is well. So far this month has not been to busy, yet. We went to Gatlinburg, TN this past weekend with family, some blood related some not but family none the less. Friday was a day of shopping and eating. The outlets were not to crowed on Friday so I was able to get most everything I needed to get, and more, with out any problem. Saturday was rainy, we tried to do some more shopping but everyone else in what seemed like a tri-state area wanted to do the same thing. So not much shopping was done Saturday. Later on Saturday we went to Dollywood for a few hours, they have all their Christmas lights up. Faith got to ride her first "roller coaster" the Blazing Furry, it only takes a few dips and turns but she giggled for the hole ride and wanted to do it again. She also got to ride the Elephant Drop, Carousel, Swings, and the train around the park. It was cold and still a little damp but we all had fun. After breakfast on Sunday we all loaded up and headed home.


Today, we had our 12 months Post-Placement visit with our social worker. Although it has not yet been quite 12 months (it has only been 11 to be exact) she has to write it up and get it sent to AWAA by a certain date. It went well and was rather painless. I had to fill out some paper work, answer some questions and tape some photos to a piece of paper and that was pretty much all. She asked questions like "how is Faith adjusting?", "How is her English", "What are her favorite foods?". She did try to talk to Faith but she quickly looked at her and said "I don't want to talk". And that was pretty much that.


Tomorrow Faith is getting to stay for "Lunch Bunch" after school with some of her friends, they get to eat a bag lunch and play with their friends for and extra hour. After that it is off to the doctor for a wellness visit, two vaccines, and a flu shot. She has already told her she is going to the doctor and all the will say is that she does not want any shots. I don't want to lie to her about it so she knows what is coming...lets hope she isn't to pitiful.


After this week life get busy! I am picking up some extra work at the Festival of Lights, holidays, special events, and all kinds of stuff. What all is planed you ask? Well, so far in the next three weeks I will be pulling 5 extra days working the FoL, there is a breakfast with Santa that the Festival of trees, Thanksgiving, choose and cut Christmas tree, Nutcracker, work some more at the FoL, shopping with mom (we take a day every year, just the two of us) Gotcha Day, work Christmas party, Christmas Eve Love Feast, Christmas Day, and I am sure there are things in there I have left out.


So here is to hoping I can keep up!

No comments: