Monday, May 11, 2009

Disney World 2009

Hello everyone! Well we made it to Disney and back safely, and we all had a good time. So let me tell you all about it:

We left out early on Sunday morning to head down, and it took us about 10 hours or so to get there. That was really about what we had figured it would take us with having to stop for gas, food and potty breaks. When we got to the resort to got checked in, they gave Faith a button that said "1st Visit" that she wore pretty much the whole trip. Our room was great, a one bedroom with a king bed Faith and I shared and a fold out that Mom and Ron shared. It had a full kitchen and a view of the Savannah. The first night we were there we went over to Downtown Disney via the "Magic School Bus" as Faith called it. While we where there we poked around a little, ate some dinner and Faith made her a pair of ears. She got to pick out the cap, ears, appliques and had her name put on them.

Monday we when to the Animal Kingdom. While there we road the DINOSAUR ride, Faith didn't like the dinosaurs. After that we did Everest, the new rollercoster they have. Well she was having fun on it until the Yeti appeared, made a loud noise and then it got dark. Then we went to the Tree of Life to watch A Bugs Life. I asked Faith if she had see the movie and she said that she saw it at school. Well, after the dinosaurs and yeti the bugs didn't really go over all that well. She actually cred while we were in the movie. After that we got a ice cream snack and just walked around for a while. Just before we were going to leave I spotted the one and only Stitch along with Lelo so we got in line to get Faith's picture taken. So that kind of made up for the dinosaurs, yeti and bugs. Later that night we made a trip to Epcot (aka Epcop) to eat dinner in Italy.

Tuesday was a REALLY long day at the Magic Kingdom. We started out with breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table in Cinderella's Castle at 10:20am. Faith had her picture taken with Cinderella and was given a wand. Breakfast was really good we had eggs, bacon, sausage and french toast, along with assorted muffins, pastries and fruit. There were also visits from Princesses: Snow White, Bell, Aurora and Jasmin. After breakfast we road some rides, but before we got on any thing Faith wanted to know if there were going to be any dinosaurs, yeti or bugs. She really like Dumbo, Its a Small World, Magic Carpet, Goofy's BarnStormer, the Carousel and Peter Pan. Didn't care for Snow White, Pirates of the Caribbean, or the Haunted Mansion. After a while Mom and Ron had had enough so Faith and I spent another couple of hours in the park by ourselves. We stood in line to see Ariel, Fawn, Tinker Bell, Silver Mist and Donald Duck. We road the Stitch ride and it was Very disappointing for Faith and me. We finally got to the left the park around 9pm. I wanted to see the Fireworks (aka the fire) but Faith didn't want to stay so we beat the crowed back to the bus and went on back to the room. Faith fell asleep on the ride back, but as soon as the bus stopped to let us off the was back to full speed.

Wednesday we took a break from the big parks and did a day at Typhoon Lagoon. After we finally found some chairs, mom, Faith and I set out for the the Lazy River. It was okay, nice and refreshing, but that is really all that I can say about it. There were too many unused rafts and the other people in there missed the Lazy part. After we got out of the "not so Lazy River" we went over to the kiddie area of the park and she ran around there for a little while. Then we went over to the Wave pool, where she found and fell in love with the water slide. We spent about 3 or 4 hours there then headed back to the hotel where we hung out at the pool there, and she did the water slide there over and over and over....

Thursday we slept in and headed to Epcot for the day. We road, and Faith loved, SpaceShip Earth, Test Track, Soren, Ellen's Energy ride, and Nemo's Under Sea Advinture. At 3:20pm we went to the Story Book Lunch in Norway. There we had an okay lunch, I really didn't care that much for it. Faith had her picture made with Bell, Aurora, Ariel, Snow White and Cinderella. After lunch we went to China where we saw Mulan and Faith had her picture taken with her. We tooled around for a little bit longer, went back to ride SpaceShip Earth again, and then Faith played on the play ground for a little while. Faith and I then went to have Noodles in China while Mom and Ron had Fish 'N Chips in the UK. After noodles we went over to the UK with Mom and Ron and watched the Fire Works. They were GREAT! Some of the best I have ever seen, Faith doesn't really care for them because of the loud pops and bangs.

Friday was another sleep in day, then Faith, mom and I went over to the Hollywood Studios. It also turned out to be the hottest day of the week. I must admit that this is my least favorite of the parks. While there we saw the Little Mermaid show/movie, road the Great Movie ride, Back Lot ride, and I think something else but I really don't remember. While there Faith got her picture taken with June from Little Einstein, Buzz and Woody (aka Wooooody), Mike from Monsters Inc and some Penguins that I have no idea who they were but she did. Lighting McQueen was there but Faith didn't want to wait in line to see him, thank goodness it was so hot. We didn't spend very long there so we headed back to the hotel, were we just hung out.

Saturday, some friends who had been on a cruise stopped by and we met at the Magic Kingdom. We road some rides Goofy's BarnStormer again, Its a Small World again, Splash Mt and Thunder Mt (Faith Loved both of them and wanted to ride them again. We were able to get her picture with Daisy and Mickey. After a little while there we hopped on the monorail went and over to Epcot. Faith and I went back to the hotel got baths, and then Mom, Ron and us went back to Epcot to meet Barry and Jason for dinner.

Sunday we got up and headed back, later than we really had planed but it was not that back a trip. Faith and I got to the house around 9pm or so, she brushed her teeth and got in the bed. I followed not to long after.

Over all we had a really good trip. Faith got an autograph book so everyone she had her picture taken with signed her book. Mom and Ron's sofa bed broke and they ended up having to sleep on the floor one night until it could be fixed. But that was really the only real glitch there was. So I hope I have given a pretty good recap of our trip and I hope you all have enjoyed reading about it.

Until next time....

1 comment:

erica said...

Fun! Sounds like Faith had a great time and got to experience a lot. And hey, now she knows to stay away from yetis... that's always useful knowledge. ;) I've heard warnings from friends with older kids that Disney involves a lot of standing in line, so I'll keep that in mind for the future-- thanks for the trip rundown and all the pictures!